"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him." 1 Samuel 1:27 (NKJV)


Festival near Namdaemun Market in Seoul, South Korea, taken during our first trip in 2008

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Memories

I've been doing a lot of reminiscing this past week. Two years ago, on April 15, we missed a very important phone call. Tim and I were at the hospital visiting my best friend and her newborn baby girl. I was actually holding the baby when my phone vibrated in my pocket. I didn't think anything about it, and ignored it. Later, on our way home from the hospital, I remembered I had missed a call. I listened to the voicemail, and it was our social worker. She left a message saying she had a referral of a baby boy for us to review if we were interested. I called her right back, but she was already out of the office for the day. Tim and I talked for the rest of the hour drive home about all the what-ifs. We were so excited! I called the social worker the next day, and she told me about DW. Then I called Tim and told him about DW. DW was 6 months old, living with a foster family in South Korea, and healthy. We just knew he was our son! The social worker then emailed me this photo of DW and the rest is history. :)



We accepted DW's referral on our 4th wedding anniversary on April 17. A baby was the best gift we could have ever received!

Here we are 2 years later, celebrating our 6th anniversary, and "expecting" another son from Korea. It definitely hasn't been easy becoming parents, but we wouldn't change it. We're on a tighter budget, we don't have much time by ourselves, and I do more cooking, cleaning, and laundry, but hearing "mommy" and "daddy" is worth all the sacrifices.

On another note, we worked on our house all weekend. Six months ago, our house partially flooded with sewer water, and we had to pull out the flooring, base boards, and the vanity/sink in the master bathroom. We immediately replaced the flooring, but have waited on fixing everything else. With the help of Tim's cousins, we now have all the base boards back up, and we have a new vanity that his uncle built! I'm so so so excited to have a sink again in my bathroom. Our remodeling is complete (and just in time for our home study), and that was a wonderful anniversary gift. Thank you honey for working so hard to get everything back in place and looking better than it did before the disaster. You are amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment