
Our sweet, smiley, baby boy is turning one on July 8. It is already the 8th in Korea, so I'm guessing he's already gotten birthday wishes from his wonderful foster family. It's neat to think he's getting an extra long birthday celebration because of the time zone differences between here and there, and that he's being celebrated in 2 different countries and with 2 different languages. I wonder what he will do with his foster family? Will they have a Tol party? What does his hanbok look like? Will they eat sugary cake and icing? Will they have rice cakes? While I wish he were here with us to celebrate, I am so thankful that he has foster parents who love and adore him. I'm glad they get to spend this happy occasion with him, and I selfishly hope they provide us with some pictures. I think about HJ's birth parents on this special day and pray that God will comfort them. I can't imagine the pain his birth parents feel as they reflect upon the events of one year ago. I am so thankful that they chose life for this special little boy.
We plan to celebrate HJ's birthday by eating Korean food and cake. DW told us that HJ wants a star cake. He also says HJ is his best friend. So cute. We'll probably have a big Tol party when HJ comes home or maybe wait until his 2nd birthday.
We sent a birthday care package to our agency, but we're not sure when it will actually be delivered to Korea. We included a card with the recording "Happy Birthday HyungJoon" that also sang Happy Birthday. We also included a cell phone that lights up and plays music, a frog teether/rattle, a book, and a cute plaid romper. Once again, our care package had to fit into a baggie. I didn't include quite as much this time since we just sent a package a few months ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment