"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him." 1 Samuel 1:27 (NKJV)


Festival near Namdaemun Market in Seoul, South Korea, taken during our first trip in 2008

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Today is a GREAT Day!

Thanks to our wonderful and generous family and friends, we have raised the amount of money needed to pay our large international fee! I just returned from the bank with the official cashier's check made out to our agency. It all feels so surreal. I was almost in tears leaving the bank. I am overnighting the check, the adoption acceptance paperwork, and Smiley Boy's birthday gift to our agency. They will then send a portion of that paperwork to Korea, which will start the Korean government's process of issuing permission for the baby to leave the country. Another portion of the paperwork will go to the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services so they can do their part in letting our little guy come into the U.S. A few weeks ago, I hit a real low with the adoption, not knowing how we were going to come up with the money, but today is the exact opposite! The Lord has provided and we are so thankful to Him! Today is a GREAT Day!!!

Since our acceptance paperwork has been signed and it's on the way to the agency, I can now post pictures of our Smiley Boy.

Here is the face we fell in love with!





6 months



10 months



11 months

4 comments:

  1. Your Smiley Boy is gorgeous! I've been waiting for the day that you could officially share his sweet face. What a happy little guy. He must know the many blessings that are coming his way!

    Congrats!
    AmandaA (Dillon forum)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so adorable!!! LOVE his cheeks. My Saul has big cheeks too. Praise God for the financial blessings that He has provided.
    JessicaCo (forum)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippppeeee Karen! I'm so excited for you. And, I'm off to buy a shirt :)
    Libby(korea forum)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord for His provision and faithfulness! what an amazing testimony of how He provides! It's so humbling isn't it?

    He is so adorable and looks so happy in these pictures. What a thrill to finally be able to share his picture and to know that you are so close to bringing him home.

    Congratulations!!!
    JudyL

    ReplyDelete