"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him." 1 Samuel 1:27 (NKJV)


Festival near Namdaemun Market in Seoul, South Korea, taken during our first trip in 2008

Friday, July 2, 2010

Our Latest Update from Korea

Last Monday before heading to work, I stopped by the mailbox. I had forgotten about checking the mail on Saturday, and we had heavy rains Sunday night, so I thought, "Great, our mail is going to be wet." Sure enough, the mail was damp. There was a large envelope from our adoption agency. I wasn't expecting anything from them, so I immediately opened it, wondering what it could be. There were pictures of our Smiley Boy!!! Luckily, the pictures were in a plastic envelope, so they weren't wet. I turned the car around and headed back home to show Tim. I looked at the first few pictures and then stopped, so I could show Tim. While he was looking at the pictures, I read the enclosed letter. It said that a bowl had fallen on Smiley's left big toe, and that they were worried it might be broken. They took him for x-rays, but thankfully, it was not broken, just badly bruised. Tim and I were impressed that the agency in Korea notified us of this, and they even included a picture of his bruised toe! I won't post pictures of his toe, but I will post one of my new favorites of him. (I think he would look awfully cute with a little mohawk!)

No comments:

Post a Comment