"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him." 1 Samuel 1:27 (NKJV)


Festival near Namdaemun Market in Seoul, South Korea, taken during our first trip in 2008

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Halloween and Hanboks







The boys picked out pumpkins at a local store that sells fresh apples, pumpkins, and jam. DW wanted a small pumpkin, so I got HJ one as well. They played with their pumpkins on our porch, but DW about cried when I mentioned carving the pumpkin. He wanted it to stay just like it was and didn't want it to be decorated or carved. That was fine with me, less work and less mess! Did you notice little mister pinching his big brother? They are quite a pair!

The boys wore their hanboks as costumes this year, and I called them my little Korean princes. Both boys were awestruck by how much candy they collected from two different church trunk-or-treat parties. We found out that our normally happy little HJ could throw a big fit if you took his candy away from him!




The boys also dressed up in their Arkansas Razorbacks football jerseys from their great aunt and uncle. Go Hogs!






Hanbok photos:
I tried to take pictures of both boys in their hanboks on our front porch. These outfits are very special to our family since both boys' foster moms gave them their hanboks. In Korea, the hanbok is worn on special occasions such as the baby's first birthday. In Korea, there are no "gender colors" like in America, so it is quite common to see baby boys wearing pink. I think my boys look quite stunning in their hanboks, and it was cute to see the reaction on people's faces when DW would say he was a Korean prince. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment