"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him." 1 Samuel 1:27 (NKJV)


Festival near Namdaemun Market in Seoul, South Korea, taken during our first trip in 2008

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

OSU Homecoming Weekend


Every year I try to go back to my alma mater, Oklahoma State University, for homecoming weekend. The best part is walkaround (click here for more info and pictures), but after a 3 hour drive with whiny children, I was exhausted and decided to skip it this year and opt for going to bed early. Tim went hunting for the weekend, so this was my first long trip away from home with both boys by myself. It was a lot of work, and I was so glad to have help from my family.

The homecoming parade is one of my favorite parades of the year. DW decided he wasn't going to go, and then changed his mind at the last minute. However, he refused to change out of his pj's. To avoid a major meltdown, I became one of those parents. I actually let him go to the parade in his pj's! HJ had a great time waving at everyone, waving a flag, eating Smarties, etc. He was Grandpa's little buddy all weekend. My adorable niece really enjoyed the parade too in her cute little OSU cheerleading outfit.







We dressed the cousins in their new Eskimo Joe's shirts and tried to take a group picture. No such luck on getting a picture with them all looking at the camera!


And lastly, a group picture (notice that none of the kids are cooperating very well!): my mom and her parents, my brother and his daughter, and me and my kids. My grandparents traveled a long way to visit with us that weekend, and it was their first time to meet HJ and Cousin C.

I didn't go to the actual Homecoming football game, and now that it is December, I don't even remember who they played or who won. I only remember that it was a good weekend with family, which is way more important than football anyway.


1 comment:

  1. Go Pokes! Ok, I'm actually a Sooner fan but really just an Okie at heart! I'm glad everyone is doing well!

    ReplyDelete