"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him." 1 Samuel 1:27 (NKJV)


Festival near Namdaemun Market in Seoul, South Korea, taken during our first trip in 2008

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

We're Sending a Care Package!



Fun Baby Stuff for Our Little Guy!



A Cute Safari Hat


Everything fits!

We got some great news yesterday. One of the social workers from our adoption agency is going to Korea in a few weeks to visit the adoption agencies there and meet with the babies and foster moms. She will visit Baby HJ and bring home pictures, a video, and an update on how he is doing. I haven't let myself buy very much since we already have a lot of baby boy items, but since we get to send a care package with our social worker for when she visits HJ, I decided to go all out. I went with an animal theme: one piece outfit with a lion, a cute little plaid safari hat, tiger pj's, an elephant soft blankie/teether/rattle, a teether photo album with ocean animals and pictures of our family, and animal bibs. I think the bib with the earth and animals is my favorite, because it represents that our baby is halfway around the world; and the bib says, "handle with care." DW also colored a picture for his little brother, and I attempted to label it with a few Korean words: little brother, big brother, and love you. I also included a small gift for HJ's foster mom: a pretty journal and paper set. The challenge of a care package is that everything has to fit in a gallon sized ziplock bag. After about 20 minutes of rearranging everything, I finally got it all to fit! I think I'm going to have to buy another safari hat for DW. He wanted to wear it and didn't want me to put it in the bag. Anyway, we are so excited to get updates on Baby HJ soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute stuff! I'm totally impressed that you got it all to fit in a gallon-sized bag! I love that DW colored a picture for HJ, I'm sure that helps him feel involved.

    Love, Aunt Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute stuff! So exciting knowing our children will have thier things soon.
    Yes we are with the same agency as you. I would love to know which little waiting angel you are now parents of. Email me if you would like.

    ReplyDelete